AGPAL is excited to announce the winners for the AGPAL & QIP Excellence Awards.
With six award categories open for nominations,our judging panel were wowed by the numerous stories of team work, innovation, safety and quality, and quality improvement initiatives. We thank everyone who took the time to submit a nomination.
The Excellence Winner and Highly Commended Recipient for each category was announced at the AGPAL and QIP 2018 Conference Gala Dinner, held on Friday 18 May 2018 at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne. These achievements were recognised over the period 30 June 2015 to 30 December 2017.
Due to the high calibre of nominations for the QIP Community Organisation of the Year Award, our judging panel created an extra award category announced on the night to recognise the significant efforts two organisations have undertaken to recognise diversity.
Please join us in congratulating each of the AGPAL & QIP award winners, listed below.
AGPAL Chair General Practice of the Year Award
- Excellence Winner – Hunters Hill Medical Practice, New South Wales
- Highly Commended – Mackay GP Superclinic, Queensland
AGPAL Aboriginal Medical Service of the Year Award
- Excellence Winner – Townsville Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation for Health Services (TAIHS), Queensland
- Highly Commended – Nidjalla Waangan Mia, Western Australia
AGPAL Rural and Remote General Practice of the Year Award
- Excellence Winner – Gisborne Medical Centre, Victoria
- Highly Commended – Swift Street Medical Centre, New South Wales
AGPAL Small General Practice of the Year Award
- Excellence Winner – Medicrew Buderim, Queensland
- Highly Commended – RichmondPRA – Headspace Bankstown, New South Wales
QIP Chair Health Service of the Year Award
- Excellence Winner – QScan Radiology, Queensland
- Highly Commended – Torres and Cape Hospital Health Service, Queensland
QIP Chair Community Organisation of the Year Award
- Excellence Winner – Drug and Alcohol Services Australia (SA), South Australia
- Highly Commended – Lifeview Residential Care, Victoria
QIP Chair Diversity Award
- Excellence Winner – Lifeview Residential Care, Victoria
- Highly Commended – Family Access Network, Victoria