The prestigious Queen’s Birthday Honours are awarded to individuals across Australia in recognition and celebration of their work and dedicated service to our communities. The presentation of this respected honour coincides with the Queen’s official birthday in June each year.
The AGPAL Group of Companies would like to congratulate the following doctors, awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in this year’s Queen’s Birthday Honours:
- Professor Stephen MARGOLIS, Brisbane, QLD – For service to rural medicine, and to medical education.
- Dr Terence AHERN, Melbourne VIC – For service to medicine, particularly in the field of general practice.
- The late Dr Keith BECK, of Wauchope NSW – For service to medicine through a range of roles.
- Dr Jane GREACEN, Bairnsdale VIC – For service to medicine, and to community health.
- Dr Thomas (Nigel) JONES, Bridgetown WA – For service to medicine, particularly as a general practitioner.
- Dr Renato VECCHIES, Melbourne VIC – For service to the Italian community of Victoria, and to medicine.
- Dr Richard WILSON, Adelaide SA – For service to the community through a range of roles, and to medicine.
- Dr Peter ARNOLD, Sydney NSW – For service to medicine through a range of roles with professional organisations, and as a general practitioner.
To view the official list of recipients in The Queen’s Birthday 2018 Honours List, visit the Governor General of the Commonwealth of Australia website.