Government’s Long Term National Health Plan announced
On 14 August 2019, The Hon Greg Hunt MP, Minister for Health, announced the Government’s Long Term National Health Plan, spanning across the next three and 10 years. A major focus of the Health Plan is to deliver the ‘world’s best mental health system – stigma free and focused on prevention, starting with children under 12’.
For the first time, mental health is being equally recognised alongside physical health. The Health Plan includes:
- The 2030 mental health vision, including a new strategy specifically for children under 12 years
- The 10-year Primary Health Care Plan
- Continued improvement of private health insurance
- The 10-year National Preventive Health Strategy
- The 10-year Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) investment plan.
To view the Department of Health’s overview on these areas click here or download a copy of the Long Term National Health Plan by visiting: https://health.govcms.gov.au/resources/publications/australias-long-term-national-health-plan