On 14 August 2019, The Hon Greg Hunt MP, Minister for Health, announced the Government’s Long Term National Health Plan, spanning across the next three and 10 years. A major focus of the Health Plan is to deliver the ‘world’s best mental health system – stigma free and focused on prevention, starting with children under 12’.
For the first time, mental health is being equally recognised alongside physical health. The Health Plan includes:
- The 2030 mental health vision, including a new strategy specifically for children under 12 years
- The 10-year Primary Health Care Plan
- Continued improvement of private health insurance
- The 10-year National Preventive Health Strategy
- The 10-year Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) investment plan.
To view the Department of Health’s overview on these areas click here or download a copy of the Long Term National Health Plan by visiting: https://health.govcms.gov.au/resources/publications/australias-long-term-national-health-plan