AGPAL Director Gary Smith and AGPAL-accredited General Practitioners recognised in 2023 King’s Birthday Honours List
We’d like to extend our heartfelt congratulations to all 2023 King’s Birthday Honours recipients, as announced today (12 June 2023) by the Governor-General, His Excellency General the Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd). The Birthday Honours recognise citizens who continue to make outstanding contributions to both their community and Australia, through their inspiring and admirable actions that have driven significant impacts.
Among those honoured is AGPAL Director & QIP Chair Mr Gary Smith, awarded a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for his significant service to medical administration and professional organisations. Gary has contributed significantly to healthcare in Australia throughout his career, holding positions within organisations such as the Australian Association of Practice Management, Department of Health and Ageing, Medicare, and The University of New England Partnerships, while managing his own practice and serving on various health-related committees. Through his dedication to quality improvement and commitment to promoting the highest standards of patient care, Gary has cultivated change that has impacted care in both the Blaxland community and across the nation. We thank Gary for his continued efforts to improve healthcare in Australia and congratulate him on this honourable appointment.
Our congratulations also go to the following general practitioners working within AGPAL accredited practices, who have been recognised for their ongoing dedication and service to our nation.
Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
- Associate Professor Rosanna Capolingua, Practice Principal and Owner of Floreat Medical
- Professor Danielle Mazza, General Practitioner at Brighton Medical Clinic
- Dr Elizabeth Rickman, General Practitioner at Annandale General Practice
Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
- Dr Diana Coote, Owner and General Practitioner at Warialda Family Practice
- Dr Andrew Davies, CEO, Medical Director and General Practitioner at Homeless Healthcare
- Dr Mary Dunne, General Practitioner at Mimosa Medical Clinic
- Dr Keith Skilbeck, General Practitioner at Wicklow Avenue Medical Centre
- Dr Michael Simpson, General Practitioner at Ochre Medical Centre Montville
- Dr Norman Roth, Founder and General Practitioner at Prahran Market Clinic
- Dr Gerard Quigley, General Practitioner at Lower Eyre Family Practice – Cummins Clinic
- Dr Stephen Morris (retired), General Practitioner at Ochre Medical Centre Parkes
- Dr Susan Lester, Partner and General Practitioner at The Highton Clinic
- Dr Clement Gordon, Owner and General Practitioner at Warialda Family Practice
- Dr Michael Monsour, Owner and General Practitioner at Monsour Medical Clinic
- Dr Ian Cameron (retired), Founder at Rural and Remote Medical Services
- Dr Paul Collett (retired), Founder at Rural and Remote Medical Services
- Dr Clive Hume, Operator at Leigh Creek Medical Services
- Dr Dennis Sundin, Founder and General Practitioner at Forest Family Practice
To read more about the King’s Birthday 2023 Honours List, view the message from the Governor-General.