Natural Disaster Resources
On behalf of the AGPAL Group of Companies, we send our thoughts to all those involved and impacted by the disastrous events of recent months.
AGPAL is liaising with several industry bodies to gain additional information around how clients can be assisted through these difficult times.
We recognise there are numerous websites, government departments, news and communication channels, providing useful information and support to those who need it.
We have gathered together additional industry resources that may be of further assistance for those affected or seeking to help those in need:
- AAPM Helpline – AAPM has established a helpline, coordinated by an experienced practice manager, to provide administrative support for practices affected by bushfires. To volunteer to assist colleagues in affected practices, please contact the AAPM National Office on 1800 196 000, or visit their website for more information.
- AGPAL Webinar – our AGPAL team delivered a complimentary webinar titled ‘Bushfire recovery – tools and techniques to assist during the primary care disaster recovery effort’.
- APNA Resources – The Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) has compiled a list of national and state/territory resources and information for primary health care professionals.
- APS Resources – The Australian Psychological Society (APS) has put together a number of information sheets to help Australians prepare and recover from the impact of the bushfires.
- Department of Health Resource List for Floods and Severe Weather – The Department of Health has created a page listing various useful resources, fact sheets and advisory documents following the recent floods and severe weather.
- Donations – Rural workforce agencies in NSW, VIC and SA are coordinating arrangements for offers of assistance for locum placements. To make a financial donation, please contact the following agencies:
- Floods and Storms Advisory Resource – NSW Government have designed a ‘Maintaining Health During and After Floods and Storms‘ advisory resource, which contains useful information about flood warnings, drinking water, mosquito control and medication storage.
- PIP Payments Update – the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) has shared an article titled ‘PIP payments for those affected by bushfire’ which provides an outline of the varied incentive payments and the temporary measures the Department of Health has implemented.
- NSW Government Mental Health Resource – NSW Government Health has created a resource for those who might require specialist assistance regarding mental health.
- RACGP Bushfire Information for GPs – The RACGP has developed a comprehensive list of important information for GPs and practice teams affected by the recent bushfires.